Private Practice - ordination Apexmed
Team of neurology practice salzburg
APEXMED is a „Wahlarzt-Ordination“ (private practice) for neurology in Salzburg.
Being a private practice means that we do not have direct contracts with health insurance companies. Accordingly, you are asked to pay your medical fees directly to us and then submit our bill to your health insurance for refunding.
Please note that a general health insurance usually does not refund 100% of the private practice fees.
Private specialists want to dedicate more time to their patients than most physicians are able to.
Thus, their extra services are slightly more expensive.
Secretary & Assistent
Reception, Correspondance and Accounting
of Christian Porsche MD PhD
|1994 – 2001|
Medical studies at Free University and Humboldt University both in Berlin, Germany
- Work experience in South Africa, the USA and England.
- 05/2002 Doctorate (MD – Dr. med.) on: “Telomerase activity in malignant and benign renal tumors“
|2001 – 2006|
Member of an MD/PhD-programme in Würzburg, Germany
- Biology studies and medical licence
- 2003 – 2006 Research in a neurobiological lab
- 03/2007 Doctorate (PhD – Dr. rer. nat.) on: “Neuronal plasticity in hippocampus of mice: The role of neurotrophins and cytokins“
|2007 – 2013|
Education for specialisation in neurology
- 2007 – 2010 Medical doctor at the department of neurology at the University in Würzburg and Erlangen, both Germany
- 2010 – 2011 Medical doctor in a teaching practice for neurology of Dr. Bernd Pommer in Zell am See, Austria
- 2011 – 2012 Medical doctor at the department of neurology at he Christian-Doppler-Klinik in Salzburg and at the department of internal medicine of the hospital in Hallein, Austria
- 04/2013 Specialist registrar for neurology
|2013 - 2018|
Specialist for neurology at the department of neurology at the Christian-Doppler-Klinik in Salzburg, Austria
- Optimising the diagnostic fields:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electroneurography (ENG) and Electromyography (EMG)
|since 2015||Private Practice "APEXMED"|
|Monday - Friday||09 – 15 h||---|
Alternative appointments available.
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
A sudden onset of neurological incidence might indicate a neurological emergency. Therefore, we strongly recommend visiting the emergency room of the nearest hospital immediately.
Consider us as your advisor regarding your personal health with special attention to psychological and social interactions.
"Advisor" means: Your health and well-being is as much our goal as it is yours and – as it is your body – you have to take the active role in implementing treatment and therapy. To do so, it always helps to have information on main functions of your body.
We would be happy to inform you personally on relevant topics and can recommend adequate literature.
Additionally, you have the possibility to join our free information events, which will cover various neurological topics.
Didn’t you know? MO-vember is a combination of "Moustache" and "November".
The idea was born 1999 in Adelaide, Australia. Young men wanted to generate interest for the importance of health prevention and used the moustache in November to get attention. With the time the Moustache became a symbol and Movember became successful worldwide.
The original focus was to bring old men to prostate examination to improve the chances of prostate cancer treatment. I have been participating personally since 2012 by having a moustache in November, but I have been varying the topics. Additionally there is always the possibility of donating money for a good cause.